Linux in general

Story: Correction on Secure Boot ArticleTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
bunker85

Dec 06, 2012
8:34 AM EDT
I think it is disgraceful the way computing end users are being treated. It is obvious Microsoft are leveraging their power on motherboard manufacturers/vendors. It should be simple to install whatever OS you prefer on any system without having to jump through hoops. An OS should be written in such a way as to make it virtually impossible for virus programs to attack. If as a company you are unwilling to do so, you should be fined heavily for producing a substandard OS. Instead, the battle against viruses is placed unfairly on computing device users, many of whom do not have the expertise needed to understand the vulnerabilities of using one OS versus another. In my opinion this is an IT industry goal. These corporations want it this way. All the average end user want's is access to their email, and perhaps some browsing on the web. This should not require the installation of expensive software suites to protect them while connected to the http://WWW. Vast SW corporations have a lot to answer for. I have experience in the I.T. industry, and have worked for companies deploying various OS's. To date the safest most hassle free environment for me is GNU/Linux. My sole decision in this respect was anti virus protection from the get go, ease of use, and most importantly, the ability to simply set up the system to behave the way I want it to, not the other way around.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!