He likes it!

Story: Fedora 18 Spherical Cow review - Bad bad badTotal Replies: 8
Author Content

Jan 20, 2013
9:09 PM EDT
Hey, Mikey!

Jan 20, 2013
9:54 PM EDT
And they spelled Localisation wrong too.

Jan 21, 2013
3:02 AM EDT
This guy actually doesn't like anything. Read a bunch of reviews, you will see this.

Jan 21, 2013
9:38 AM EDT
I read a lot of Dedoimedo's stuff, it is on my blogroll.

From a pure reader's point of view it is entertaining but I can imagine if you are a developer or in anyway related to the projects you would feel disappointment that your hard work is being ripped into.

I do wonder what a Honey Badger is though. QUOTE FROM ARTICLE "And I would rather be violated by a honey badger than have to redo this installer cr@p" (presumably it was supposed to be horney)

Jan 21, 2013
10:04 AM EDT
gary_newell - Honey badger is a typical english name for an African/Indian variety of badger (we call them ratels) that like to eat honey. They have an interesting relationship with a type of bird called a honeyguide/honeybird that leads them to bee hives in exchange for some leftovers.

They are known for being absurdly tough, pretty much ignoring any attempts of bees to sting them.

Jan 21, 2013
4:04 PM EDT
@Jeff I wouldn't say he doesn't like anything as he really seems to love CentOS. He also wrote some good reviews on Fedora, openSUSE, and Ubuntu.

Jan 21, 2013
8:41 PM EDT
I installed F18 this weekend to check it out. While my experiences haven't been as bad as Dedoimedo's they have been overall pretty bad. Gnome-boxes is a rally cool app in theory but SELinux spews out warnings whenever I try to use it, and on at least two occasions it has crashed the whole shell bringing up the Gnome fail-whale equivalent. Just 20 minutes ago I was having Rhythmbox read my muic collection in, check Facebook, and search for a package through YUM. Apparently this was all too much and again shell crash and Gnome fail-whale. F17 was really a nice release for Fedora but F18 feels like F9 for me in terms of stability.

Jan 22, 2013
7:22 AM EDT
Obligatory honey badger link.

I agree with everything he wrote about F18's installer. Everything.

Jan 22, 2013
1:21 PM EDT
Thanks, HoTMetaL. I was going to link that, albeit with a "language warning NSFW!" tag.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!