Author Content
djohnston

Jan 20, 2013
9:09 PM EDT
Hey, Mikey!
tracyanne

Jan 20, 2013
9:54 PM EDT
And they spelled Localisation wrong too.
Jeff91

Jan 21, 2013
3:02 AM EDT
This guy actually doesn't like anything. Read a bunch of reviews, you will see this.

~Jeff
gary_newell

Jan 21, 2013
9:38 AM EDT
I read a lot of Dedoimedo's stuff, it is on my blogroll.

From a pure reader's point of view it is entertaining but I can imagine if you are a developer or in anyway related to the projects you would feel disappointment that your hard work is being ripped into.

I do wonder what a Honey Badger is though. QUOTE FROM ARTICLE "And I would rather be violated by a honey badger than have to redo this installer cr@p" (presumably it was supposed to be horney)
jacog

Jan 21, 2013
10:04 AM EDT
gary_newell - Honey badger is a typical english name for an African/Indian variety of badger (we call them ratels) that like to eat honey. They have an interesting relationship with a type of bird called a honeyguide/honeybird that leads them to bee hives in exchange for some leftovers.

They are known for being absurdly tough, pretty much ignoring any attempts of bees to sting them.
slacker_mike

Jan 21, 2013
4:04 PM EDT
@Jeff I wouldn't say he doesn't like anything as he really seems to love CentOS. He also wrote some good reviews on Fedora, openSUSE, and Ubuntu.
slacker_mike

Jan 21, 2013
8:41 PM EDT
I installed F18 this weekend to check it out. While my experiences haven't been as bad as Dedoimedo's they have been overall pretty bad. Gnome-boxes is a rally cool app in theory but SELinux spews out warnings whenever I try to use it, and on at least two occasions it has crashed the whole shell bringing up the Gnome fail-whale equivalent. Just 20 minutes ago I was having Rhythmbox read my muic collection in, check Facebook, and search for a package through YUM. Apparently this was all too much and again shell crash and Gnome fail-whale. F17 was really a nice release for Fedora but F18 feels like F9 for me in terms of stability.
HoTMetaL

Jan 22, 2013
7:22 AM EDT
Obligatory honey badger link.

I agree with everything he wrote about F18's installer. Everything.
gus3

Jan 22, 2013
1:21 PM EDT
Thanks, HoTMetaL. I was going to link that, albeit with a "language warning NSFW!" tag.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!