waiting with bated breath

Story: KDE 4.10's third and final release candidate arrivesTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
tracyanne

Jan 21, 2013
8:29 PM EDT
for my upgrade to KDE 4.10. It just gets better all the time, I'm comparing it with 4.6, which was the first version that I actually felt comfortable going back to KDE with , not 4.0
herzeleid

Jan 22, 2013
2:37 AM EDT
Yes I am running the daily builds. Brilliant stuff, just keeps getting smoother and snappier,
dinotrac

Jan 22, 2013
10:34 AM EDT
I have actually broken down and put KDE 4.9 on my wife's laptop.

Still not sure I trust the KDE developers, but they seem to sing a different tune these days, so maybe it's safe to go back.

Got to admit -- it does look nice.
jdixon

Jan 22, 2013
10:56 AM EDT
> I have actually broken down and put KDE 4.9 on my wife's laptop.

I've still got to upgrade to Slackware 14.0 on my home machine. When I do it will be a full install, which will include KDE 4.8. Will I use KDE? Probably not. I'll almost certainly stick with XFCE. The only KDE oriented software I really use is K3b.
tracyanne

Jan 22, 2013
3:40 PM EDT
We're multi desktop here. My main machine runs KDE4.9 over Linux Mint 13, my netbook runs a bastadised version of Unity (I removed some bits and added some others) over Media Ubuntu, and my partner's machine runs Xubuntu
Fettoosh

Jan 22, 2013
9:43 PM EDT
Quoting:Still not sure I trust the KDE developers, but they seem to sing a different tune these days,

I think some of you (Dino, jdixson ...) might be interested in reading the latest about the road to kde frameworks 5 and plasma 2

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!