Not a review

Story: Cinnarch previewTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
cmost

Jan 26, 2013
10:23 AM EDT
I'm sorry but I'm getting a bit sick of distro "reviews" that consist of some wanna be IT "professional" booting up a live CD for half an hour and posting a bunch of screen shots. This "review" is nothing of the kind; it offers nothing of substance with regards to Cinnarch's roots in Arch Linux, the underpinnings of the operating system, the consistency and fluidity of the user experience...nada, zip, zero! Stop wasting my time.
tracyanne

Jan 26, 2013
5:55 PM EDT
Besides a bunch of screen shots are less than useless, if it wasn't for a distribution logo or 2 you would not be able tell most distros apart, based of screen shots.
caitlyn

Jan 28, 2013
11:28 AM EDT
Be careful, cmost. You'll be accused of bashing the author of these non-reviews. I was given all sorts of grief when DarkDuck did non-reviews based on live CDs and I called him on it.
Steven_Rosenber

Jan 28, 2013
6:23 PM EDT
The post clearly says "preview."
caitlyn

Jan 28, 2013
6:26 PM EDT
@Steven: You're right, of course. Lte me rephrase. What is the value of a preview like this?
Steven_Rosenber

Jan 28, 2013
6:29 PM EDT
You get some screenshots. I've seen worse. I've never installed Arch, or Cinnarch, so it has some value to me.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!