Get rich with Systemd in 30 days

Story: Lennart Poettering Takes To Battling Systemd MythsTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
kikinovak

Jan 27, 2013
8:54 AM EDT
Why am I reminded of publications like "Get rich in 30 days" or "How to make friends and how to keep them"? Search Youtube for any public talk of Lennart Poettering and ask yourself if you would buy a used Mercedes from the guy.
tracyanne

Jan 27, 2013
6:26 PM EDT
I don't know about buying his Mercedes, but I don't have any problems with systemd.
kikinovak

Jan 29, 2013
1:42 PM EDT
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=149884
caitlyn

Jan 29, 2013
5:02 PM EDT
That link doesn't describe a problem. It describes the fact that the journal is supposed to be running whenever systemd is running. It's designed that way.

I've found nothing wrong with systemd. It functions well and the overhead is minimal. Most of the anti-systemd talk is pure, unadulterated FUD brought about by a fear of change and of learning something new. The old init system was cumbersome and really wasn't designed for the complexity of a modern Linux system. Tying the entire initialization process together and having one set of commands to control it all is a big improvement over a gazillion init scripts.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!