Anger management

Story: Closed minds of 'Open Source' eject iTWire from Linux conference Total Replies: 15
Author Content
kikinovak

Jan 30, 2013
4:08 PM EDT
Sometimes I read the odd article by Mister Varghese. The one constant is a blatant lack of serenity. After reading a few of them, the one idea I get is the author must be the kind of person who raises everyone's blood pressure by simply walking into a room. Correct me if I'm wrong.
caitlyn

Jan 30, 2013
4:44 PM EDT
You're not wrong, at least based on his writing. I've never met him face to face.
kikinovak

Jan 30, 2013
4:47 PM EDT
One particularly infamous article comes to my mind here.

http://www.itwire.com/opinion-and-analysis/open-sauce/50428-...
notbob

Jan 30, 2013
6:23 PM EDT
kikinovak wrote:One particularly infamous article

Infamous, how? Seems a very levelheaded observation to me. If you think this guy is inflammatory, I must seem the devil incarnate! I'm sure caitlyn will agree. ;)
caitlyn

Jan 30, 2013
6:45 PM EDT
No, I don't agree. You don't engage in character assasination and defamation the way Mr. Varghese has repeatedly done.
tracyanne

Jan 30, 2013
8:13 PM EDT
@notbob, guite level headed and a well written article. No character assassination there either. An interestIng observation that our culture is basically hypocritical, Where one Can become a top bloke or a top Sheila just by dying
jacog

Jan 31, 2013
6:38 AM EDT
I'm in agreement about that article, and with it. Don't see anything particularly charged about it either. It raises a point, gives reasons for it, the end.
caitlyn

Jan 31, 2013
10:58 AM EDT
My reference to character assassination was NOT a reference to the article about Steve Jobs, though that article was in poor taste.
linuxwriter

Jan 31, 2013
8:11 PM EDT
Caitlyn has reason to have her sword into me after this: http://www.itwire.com/opinion-and-analysis/open-sauce/38320-...
linuxwriter

Jan 31, 2013
8:27 PM EDT
Impressive that people who are at least 20 hours air travel away from me can gauge exactly what kind of person I am. ESP? Crystal-ball gazers? Or else the average internet user?
BernardSwiss

Jan 31, 2013
8:45 PM EDT
I used to spend some time over at the ITWire site (and Mr Varghese's column in particular), but I stopped bothering to read let alone comment in those forums, because it became painfully clear that the site management had a definite "talk radio" mentality and followed a deliberate strategy of spurring arguments rather than encouraging real discussion.

I don't look over ITWire material much, any more, excepting the occasional link from LXer, but I haven't come across anything to make me reconsider my policy to generally ignore the site.
notbob

Jan 31, 2013
10:58 PM EDT
linuxwriter wrote:Impressive that people who are at least 20 hours air travel away from me can gauge exactly what kind of person I am.

I'd say it's pretty obvious what kinda person you are. You accuse caitlyn of having multiple personalities, then turn around and post your own articles under an alias. Plain to me. (derogatory deleted)

Oops! Forgot this is not usenet.
tracyanne

Jan 31, 2013
11:03 PM EDT
Quoting:Caitlyn has reason to have her sword into me after this:

@linuxwriter: If that was an attempt at character assassination (as has been suggested), you did a p155 poor job.
linuxwriter

Feb 01, 2013
1:07 AM EDT
@tracyanne: You are dead right. It is a p155 poor effort, now that I come to re-read it.

@notbob: I've stuck my name in a few posts. After that I would think that everyone would know my alias. I have no problem putting my name in every post. There don't seem to be too many folks in these forums.

Sam Varghese
jdixon

Feb 01, 2013
10:02 AM EDT
> After that I would think that everyone would know my alias...

To be fair, it was obvious to me who linuxwriter was upon reading his posts. I don't think there was any attempt to hide his identity.

It might be a good idea to add your name though Mr. Varghese. There are only a few regular posters here, but there are probably a lot of readers who don't post.
caitlyn

Feb 01, 2013
10:55 AM EDT
That was article 1 of 2, wasn't it? Also, Mr. Varghese, the reference to defamation referred to what you wrote in the comments section which your editor had the good sense to remove. I'll also point out that it isn't just your writing about me. As you say, your sharpest barbs were directed at luminaries in the FOSS community, something I will never claim to be.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!