Big media brothers "watching you watching telescreen"

Story: Copyright Alert System gets started, ISPs ready to lay the smack down on P2P piracy Total Replies: 2
Author Content
caitlyn

Feb 26, 2013
6:17 PM EDT
Some of you may remember the SCTV skit I'm referring to: http://www.sctvguide.ca/episodes/sctv_s3.htm#Show_16 That was funny. This isn't. Fortunately there are plenty of ways to get around this, from private trackers to VPNs and so on. Even if what I download is perfectly legal, i.e.: a Linux distro, I don't trust either the ISPs or big media to get it right and not come after me.
tracyanne

Feb 26, 2013
8:08 PM EDT
Yes those things are available, unfortunately only available to technically literate people. Once again Big Corporate screws little users, and more likely than not little content creators.
BernardSwiss

Feb 26, 2013
8:50 PM EDT
Quoting: "... customers suspected of using illegal peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing services"

Say what?

Since when is using P2P illegal? Are they trying to brand using file-sharing software as an indication or even proof that someone is infringing copyright?

And by-the-by -- commercial arbitration services are notorious for favouring corporations over those corporation's customers -- requiring penalized customers to wager a 35 dollar fee to "review" or contest a corporate decision against them, is just loading the dice even further against the consumer.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!