Which dark forces?

Story: How the Open Invention Network Protects Linux and Open Source (Video)Total Replies: 7
Author Content
notbob

Feb 27, 2013
9:22 AM EDT
I'm sorry, but I'm having a very hard time trying to imagine looking down the battle line and seeing Sony aligned with me in my "battle with these dark forces."
tracyanne

Feb 27, 2013
4:45 PM EDT
Sony is a large multi national, multi product organisation, it is entirely possible that one section of Sony has exactly the same (or very similar) interests as you, while at the same time another has interests 180 degrees opposed, anyone who cannot understand that is very naive.

Take the opportunity to work with the section that shares your interests, while you can.
caitlyn

Feb 27, 2013
5:14 PM EDT
What TA said.
jdixon

Feb 27, 2013
5:20 PM EDT
> Take the opportunity to work with the section that shares your interests, while you can.

What makes you think that section will exist in 3 months, if they cross the interests of the other sections?
BernardSwiss

Feb 27, 2013
8:42 PM EDT
What TA said.

Of course, to make it work, people need to carefully discern between "expediency" and "pragmatic" approaches -- and if you feel obliged to act "expediently", not kid yourself that you're being pragmatic (else you may win battles, but lose the war).

I'm inclined to classify Sony as an ally of expedient convenience, myself.
tracyanne

Feb 27, 2013
9:53 PM EDT
Quoting:What makes you think that section will exist in 3 months, if they cross the interests of the other sections?

Precisely why one should work with them while one can. Those 3 months might prove crucial.
Bob_Robertson

Feb 28, 2013
10:03 AM EDT
Yeah, what TA said!
notbob

Feb 28, 2013
5:55 PM EDT
> very similar) interests as you, while at the same time another has interests 180 degrees opposed,

Get back to me when you find the "another" M$ section that's gonna tell the Linux community how to easily circumvent this Secure Boot problem. ;)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!