Function over form, sorry

Story: Finally! Roku gets a 2D facelift (video)Total Replies: 4
Author Content
cmost

Mar 29, 2013
10:22 AM EDT
I get irritated with people who gripe about something so superficial as a theme or a style and then use that as fodder to denigrate something. Somebody should remind this guy that he watches the programs, not the menus. As long as it's functional, I couldn't care less what it looks like. Pretty is not a feature.
JaseP

Mar 29, 2013
10:51 AM EDT
On an HTPC appliance, form CAN BE function, ... I don't have a Roku, personally, but I can see how this can be an issue.
CFWhitman

Mar 29, 2013
11:29 AM EDT
This is not a form over function complaint. This update is all about function. Many people have complained about how unwieldy the Roku menu was in the past because you had to scroll through the channels one at a time. This gets tiresome when there are three hundred channels. Switching to a two-dimensional grid greatly reduces the amount of scrolling you have to do to get to any one channel.
JaseP

Mar 29, 2013
11:40 AM EDT
Exactly. Thanks for elaborating.
cmost

Mar 29, 2013
3:06 PM EDT
Okay I concede. I guess I am the odd duck that didn't have any issues with the old Roku menu. Then again, I prefer to execute commands on my Linux box at the Terminal too. :-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!