Mostly about

Story: Can Microsoft’s exFAT file system bridge the gap between OSes?Total Replies: 5
Author Content
djohnston

Jun 22, 2013
1:20 PM EDT
file sharing between OSX and Windows. Just a couple of passing mentions of Linux.
BernardSwiss

Jun 24, 2013
7:42 PM EDT
True.

But the subsequent discussion in the article's comments section was much more balanced -- not only regarding Linux, but the whole mess around licensing issues, patents, interoperability and MS's abuse of its position, etc.

It really took off when the original author (who considers himself a reasonably impartial user of Windows, and OS X, and Linux) popped in a couple of times to make disparaging remarks about trolls, and having to "wade through so much Linux fanboy bile."
JaseP

Jun 25, 2013
10:52 AM EDT
I thought the whole article was an MS advertorial... I almost vomited.
BernardSwiss

Jun 25, 2013
7:19 PM EDT
I've been wondering if he just goofed with his choice of benchmarking tool? -- It's not clear that it (Intech Quickbench) willt even run properly on Linux .

Intech appears to be a rather clearly Mac-centric outfit, that has ported some of their software (in this case, QuickBench) to Windows, as well. But I can't even find Linux mentioned on Intech's website.
Fettoosh

Jun 26, 2013
6:30 PM EDT
I believe Linux won't need any of those file-systems after F2FS (Flash-Friendly File-System) created by and submited to the Linux kernel by Samsung is finalised and adopted on many of the Linux based devices.

BernardSwiss

Jun 26, 2013
9:28 PM EDT
> I believe Linux won't need any of those file-systems after F2FS (Flash-Friendly File-System) created by and submited to the Linux kernel by Samsung is finalised and adopted on many of the Linux based devices.

I devoutly hope so.

(Amen!)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!