sigh

Story: With the App Store, Apple changed everythingTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
r_a_trip

Jul 12, 2013
4:55 AM EDT
90's Linux called, it wants its repository back. Apple only introduced the age old repo-model into proprietary software. That is not innovative, that is about friggin time.

There is nothing magical about apps. The vast majority are fairly useless toys. The few that are productivity apps, are useful in a mobile setting, but a far cry from the features a full fledged application carries.

The App store has nothing to do with BYOD. If you can do your job on the tiny screen and with the relatively toy-esque apps on your iPhone, your job doesn't amount to much.
BernardSwiss

Jul 12, 2013
5:36 PM EDT
Anyone notice that the author of this piece is Ron Miller ? He does, of course, already know about Linux repositories...
mbaehrlxer

Jul 16, 2013
11:54 AM EDT
based on my own experience with customers i think this based on the presentation. one of my customers reveled how easy it was to down load apps with ubuntu. the underlying technology shouldn't really matter to the user, but making it easier to use certainly does.

greetings, eMBee.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!