so banks get sued for violating patents...

Story: Intellectual Ventures' Evil Knows No Bounds: Buys Patent AmEx Donated For Public Good... And Starts SuingTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
gary_newell

Oct 09, 2013
11:02 AM EDT
I don't know how I feel about this...

It is a bit like the big bad wolf (after eating Little Red Riding Hood) running home and getting hit by a drunk driver.

The banks have done some pretty nasty things in the past and now they might be getting something nasty done back to them by a patent trolls.

Ok we all know that it is the customers who lose out but we lose out to the banks anyway and there is only so much they can fleece us for before they have to take the hit themselves.

By the way if you are wondering how in my version the wolf manages to eat little red riding hood then in my version granny wasn't tied up in a cupboard, she was off having a good time with a certain lumberjack that should have been there to save little miss "oh grandma your eyes look very big"

jdixon

Oct 09, 2013
2:03 PM EDT
I wonder where Intellectual Ventures keeps their money. They'd be rather irritated if their funds were frozen, wouldn't they?
mbaehrlxer

Oct 10, 2013
1:09 AM EDT
allowing this just because it hits other "bad guys" is not a good idea because then it can be used as a precedent to use the same kind of patent against "good guys".

the same reason why drunk driving is not ok even if the victim is a criminal.

greetings, eMBee.
gary_newell

Oct 10, 2013
3:36 AM EDT
I know you are right eMBee but it is hard to feel sorry for the banks
Bob_Robertson

Oct 10, 2013
9:17 AM EDT
"it is hard to feel sorry for the banks"

I have to think in the abstract in order to not laugh and point.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!