RSA should

Story: Paper Questions Robustness of Two Linux PRNGsTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
djohnston

Oct 19, 2013
7:28 PM EDT
examine its own house for "security, compliance and risk-management" issues. RSA Security, Inc.'s website is actually hosted on the emc.com domain. It looks as if the server's certificate is self-signed, and Firefox designates the webpage as a security risk.

RSA is also the security company whose server was hacked in March of 2011.

caitlyn

Oct 20, 2013
10:23 AM EDT
"The shoemaker's children go barefoot" seems to apply here.
Bob_Robertson

Oct 21, 2013
9:18 AM EDT
Don't forget the origins of RSA, which inspire me to question everything they do.
BernardSwiss

Oct 21, 2013
7:17 PM EDT
> Don't forget the origins of RSA, which inspire me to question everything they do.

???
djohnston

Oct 22, 2013
2:48 AM EDT
Bernard,

I'm not sure what Bob is referring to, but here's a blurb on the history of the company.

Bob_Robertson

Oct 22, 2013
8:40 AM EDT
The blurb doesn't jibe with my recollection of what was going on around PGP, which used the RSA algorithm, and the NSA and Fed.Gov trying to use the patent on the math to prosecute the users of the software.

Oh well. Not important. I likely got RSA the company confused with RSA the controversy.

Now if only I could recall the name of the company founded right about that time, which I had gotten crossed with RSA, whose board of directors was made up of CIA and NSA operatives to try to control encryption after PGP had gotten loose...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!