This article seem to have been written pre-Snowden leaks

Story: Ready or not the cloud era is hereTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
linux4567

Oct 24, 2013
5:14 PM EDT
At least here in Europe a lot of companies have completely changed their mind about migrating any internal data to an external 'cloud', the only 'clouds' still under consideration are internal 'clouds' in their own internal data centres.

US based cloud sellers will have a very hard time generating any sales at all in Europe thanks to the NSA.
jdixon

Oct 24, 2013
7:52 PM EDT
It takes the NSA leaks to get companies to consider the security of their data? Well, every dark cloud has a silver lining I guess.
cabreh

Oct 25, 2013
2:07 AM EDT
Ron Miller is so pro "Cloud" you'd think he has a financial interest in it. But, I couldn't find one, so maybe he just has no concern for data security.
linux4567

Oct 25, 2013
4:17 PM EDT
"Ron Miller is so pro "Cloud" you'd think he has a financial interest in it."

I think you are spot on with that, yesterday when I started this thread I also posted a comment below his blog post saying the same things I said in the first post of this thread. Guess what, my comment has not been published... it looks like he can't afford to publish negative comments below his post as that might upset whoever paid him to write that blog post...
djohnston

Oct 25, 2013
11:20 PM EDT
Quoting:it looks like he can't afford to publish negative comments below his post as that might upset whoever paid him to write that blog post...

Or any comments at all, for that matter. I submitted some fairly neutral comments several hours ago, and mine aren't showing, either. What is it with these guys who submit their stories to LXer, but allow no comments to be published on their sites? I guess Ronny "Cloud" Miller has joined the ranks of Dietrich Schmitz.

flufferbeer

Oct 29, 2013
11:20 AM EDT
Yeah, persons like Ronny "cloud" Miller who ram & spam their stories down the throats of as many online technews sites they can and then ju$t Take the Money and Run! Besides money, sure, the submissions could also be for the attention/clickbait.

2c

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!