Shocking!

Story: Gajj 0.1 KDE Screenshot TourTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
cmost

Jan 09, 2014
6:39 PM EDT
Another KDE distro screenshot showing basically stock KDE... How original.
gary_newell

Jan 10, 2014
4:51 AM EDT
I never used to be a fan of KDE but since trying Kubuntu I am converted.
tuxchick

Jan 10, 2014
2:37 PM EDT
openSUSE also has a great KDE implementation.
herzeleid

Jan 10, 2014
3:46 PM EDT
Suse used to be the flagship KDE distro but these days I'm liking kubuntu. Currently running 14.04 on my main workstation. Yes, even though it's officially in alpha status, it's that stable. It comes with the 3.13 kernel, KDE 4.12, and I can't seem to break it no matter what I try.
JaseP

Jan 10, 2014
5:11 PM EDT
You haven't tried hard enough... I'm still using Kubuntu 12.04... And probably will until it loses support in 2017...
herzeleid

Jan 10, 2014
6:24 PM EDT
Feel free to suggest some tactics for making it fall down JaseP because I'm all out of tricks. I'm already finding kubuntu 14.04 an improvement over 13.10 in every way.

I've participated in testing of other pre-release distros and there was almost always some sort of breakage, sometimes show stoppers that rendered the system in need of rescue. But this has been a breeze, which is a remarkable thing so early in the process.
JaseP

Jan 11, 2014
3:26 PM EDT
Does it let you turn off DPMS??? More importantly, does turning off DPMS get itself turned back on the moment you use VLC???
herzeleid

Jan 11, 2014
10:38 PM EDT
Hmm, I'll check into that. Meanwhile I thought I'd found my first bug with kubuntu 14.04, when the mouse stopped working after an apt-get upgrade that updated the kernel to 3.13.0-2. As it turns out, my mouse had died; highly unlikely timing but I noticed that the mouse was dark. Plugging in a new usb mouse fixed it, so no bugs to report yet.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!