I laughed and laughed.

Story: Gates Spends Entire First Day Back in Office Trying to Install Windows 8.1Total Replies: 11
Author Content
Bob_Robertson

Feb 06, 2014
9:41 AM EDT
I laughed and laughed.
skelband

Feb 06, 2014
2:21 PM EDT
> A Microsoft spokesman said only that Mr. Gates’s first day in his new job had been “a learning experience” and that, for the immediate future, he would go back to running Windows 7.

I think that's most people's experience. :D
jsusanka

Feb 06, 2014
2:25 PM EDT
Why is bill gates even back at microsoft? The guy should be in jail IMO.
tuxchick

Feb 06, 2014
4:59 PM EDT
Quoting: Why is bill gates even back at microsoft? The guy should be in jail IMO.

Don't be silly. He's rich. That excuses everything.
jdixon

Feb 06, 2014
5:27 PM EDT
> Don't be silly. He's rich. That excuses everything.

Well, that or being part of the political class. We can't possibly hold our betters to the same standards they hold us to now can we?
Bob_Robertson

Feb 06, 2014
5:50 PM EDT
> Well, that or being part of the political class. We can't possibly hold our betters to the same standards they hold us to now can we?

Channeling Terry Gillium:

Oh, there you go, bringing "class" into it again!

or...

"How do you know he's Bill Gates?"

"'Cause he hasn't got bits all over 'im."
DrGeoffrey

Feb 06, 2014
7:53 PM EDT
Quoting:Don't be silly. He's rich. That excuses everything.

Never have truer words been spoke.

Quoting:Well, that or being part of the political class. We can't possibly hold our betters...

Betters? BETTERS?

I'm fairly certain you meant to put quotes around that word, but if not, I've known my share of the wealthy & political classes (including members of my own family), and the one characteristic common to almost all of them is an almost complete lack of ethics.

Betters? I suppose in the same way dog <expletive deleted> stuck to the bottom of a shoe is better than the wearer of the shoe.
jdixon

Feb 06, 2014
8:19 PM EDT
> I'm fairly certain you meant to put quotes around that word

I thought the sarcasm was obvious without them. But they obviously do consider themselves our betters, even if we don't.
DrGeoffrey

Feb 06, 2014
9:21 PM EDT
Quoting:I thought the sarcasm was obvious without them

It was. Alas, sometimes I need the curative powers of a 2x4.
tuxchick

Feb 07, 2014
12:22 AM EDT
Quoting: Alas, sometimes I need the curative powers of a 2x4.

May I compliment you on a fine dudgeon!
jdixon

Feb 07, 2014
6:51 AM EDT
> Alas, sometimes I need the curative powers of a 2x4.

Don't we all?
Steven_Rosenber

Feb 07, 2014
12:10 PM EDT
The story would have been funnier if they had put Gates old computer in a giant PC-eating shredder and given him a new Win 8 box ...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!