An important message, well expressed

Story: The People Vs the NSATotal Replies: 6
Author Content
albinard

Feb 11, 2014
2:50 PM EDT
It needs to be repeated, again and again, until even the least technically astute become fully aware of the implications.

In my 80 years of life, I have never before been threatened by my own government.
jdixon

Feb 11, 2014
4:18 PM EDT
> In my 80 years of life, I have never before been threatened by my own government.

That you know of. :( This has been building for quite a while. It's not a new development.
cr

Feb 11, 2014
4:19 PM EDT
> In my 80 years of life, I have never before been threatened by my own government.

That you know of.
gus3

Feb 11, 2014
4:24 PM EDT
"Yesterday upon the stair

I saw a man who wasn't there.

He wasn't there again today.

I think he's from the NSA."
cr

Feb 11, 2014
4:36 PM EDT
You were under threat when a bulldog in a dress was ruling from the shadows, with dirt on everyone so nobody dared call it out. You just didn't do anything that made you worthwhile to remove. Its agency hasn't gotten any cleaner.
albinard

Feb 11, 2014
5:36 PM EDT
Good point, cr - and good line, gus3!

Bob_Robertson

Feb 12, 2014
11:19 AM EDT
James Bamford, "The Puzzle Palace", great book, outlines how the domestic electronic spying has been going on since such things are possible. Even simply to the rerouting of Western Union telegrams through the spy offices before they were delivered to their intended destination.

Every sea cable has been tapped, every internet backbone, every international telephone call, every satellite link, since the start.

The only difference now is that they have been caught at it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!