So, there is bandwidth to spare for stuff like this...

Story: Comcast wants you to share your WiFiTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
BernardSwiss

Jun 14, 2014
4:48 PM EDT
... yet delivering those Netflix streams to paid-up subscribers, in their own homes, is a problem.

Riiiiight...

cr

Jun 14, 2014
5:23 PM EDT
> Comcast wants to share your WiFi with strangers and make you pay for their bandwidth

FTFY

JaseP

Jun 14, 2014
5:34 PM EDT
I NEVER want to end up in a service region where Comcastic has a monopoly,... or Verizon or Time Warner (Comcastic merger?!), for that matter. I've had RCN,... but only in a region where they had stiff competition. They all lie, cheat, steal, bribe,... and that's when they are behaving themselves...
jdixon

Jun 14, 2014
9:59 PM EDT
> They all lie, cheat, steal, bribe,... and that's when they are behaving themselves...

I took a survey a year or so ago where they asked my opinion of the major service providers and asked which was the best. I told them that of their options, AT&T was the best. They then asked my opinion of AT&T, which can best be summarized as "not worth the powder to blow them to..." :)
BernardSwiss

Jun 15, 2014
5:29 AM EDT
Not to worry, jdixon -- I hear that ammonium-based fertilizer leavened with a dash of diesel fuel is a lot cheaper, and more effective :P.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!