FOD!

Story: Are you an extremist?Total Replies: 2
Author Content
notbob

Jul 05, 2014
9:41 AM EDT
Looks like the US govt is entering another "McCarthy Era", another time in history in which fear is used against its own. Another era of fear, oppression, and dread, stirred up by a political entity bent on furthering its own bureaucratic agenda.

The seed has been sown. Linux users are undesirables, a threat to the hard working god fearing citizens of this land. Now, it's not only anti-corporate, but Linux is un-American! This does not bode well. Hopefully, some serious corporate Linux biggies will stand up. Google, IBM, Red Hat, etc, need to make themselves heard and knock this silliness out, tout de suite!
nmset

Jul 05, 2014
10:09 AM EDT
Google, IBM, Red Hat would find it an excellent opportunity to get backed by the US govt. to finally get in control of Linux, if that is ever possible. They would be the companies mandated by the govt. to secure Linux before only signed binaries are made available. Linux git repository will be something of the past. Of course, it's always easy to spill out the magic words "National security" to clear the way of any futile resistance.

(I'm certainly excessive at the start of the post, but not at the end).
kikinovak

Jul 05, 2014
11:00 AM EDT
I'm managing a small IT-company for Linux-and-FOSS-based solutions for town halls, schools, public libraries and the likes. The day Al Qaeda starts a fundraiser for nuking the NSA headquarters in Maryland, I'll happily contribute.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!