developer developer developer?

Story: Systemd – for better or worseTotal Replies: 1
Author Content

Feb 03, 2015
4:32 PM EDT
The article seems to remind me of monkey boy Ballmer.

Everything is developer this developer that, when the biggest groundswell of resistance are from sysadmins that want a reliable, predicable system. And systemd seems to be incapable of providing that, as it keep starting or stopping "units" left and right based on the interactions between them.

End result is things like trying to stop one thing and having something completely unrelated (at least on the surface) also stop.

That kind of behavior is what many a user left Windows over.

Unless these "developers" manage to sprout a actual AI that can mimic the behavior of Jeeves, the only "admins" that wants anything to do with systemd are those running devops for the web monkeys with their heads in the clouds...
JaseP

Feb 03, 2015
9:21 PM EDT
Quoting: Unless these "developers" manage to sprout a actual AI that can mimic the behavior of Jeeves, the only "admins" that wants anything to do with systemd are those running devops for the web monkeys with their heads in the clouds...
I think there's another place,... That is among admins who mind large server farms with fire-and-forget servers running on virtual machines sprouting up all over the place... I think that it is that set who are driving systemd development.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!