Really?

Story: What I can say about KDE Plasma 5 that I can’t say about Windows 8Total Replies: 3
Author Content
seatex

Feb 12, 2015
3:47 PM EDT
"What I can say about KDE Plasma 5 that I can’t say about Windows 8?"

Ummm... well, "It doesn't suck," maybe?

I gave it a try myself, and I do see some graphical improvements. But, the fonts are actually getting even harder to read than the default fonts in KDE 4.x. Please KDE designers, use some thicker fonts and think about usability while trying to crank the beauty meter to 150%. And the Breeze theme they are showcasing it with (way too much pink, BTW) is so light colored, that the fonts should be easy to read.
JaseP

Feb 12, 2015
6:05 PM EDT
What you are talking about is all theme issues,... and most people change the default theme right away (especially in KDE). I'd me more interested in an analysis of its performance. The article said performance was improved,... But, we didn't get much more than a cheerleading session from the article. I'd also be more interested in knowing which distributions (a short list) were planning on rolling out with KDE 5.X in the near future.
seatex

Feb 12, 2015
6:10 PM EDT
@ JaseP - Well, when I tried it, that Breeze theme was the only one available. I'm just saying, they could have at least made it easier to read the fonts, since it's THE theme everyone is seeing right now in all the screen pics and such. And some people don't want to fiddle with themes anyway. But then, those people are not KDE targets I suppose.
JaseP

Feb 12, 2015
6:44 PM EDT
KDE's all about the themes and widgets...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!