link missing and google api

Story: Command Line Arguments in Linux Shell ScriptingTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
BernardSwiss

Jun 06, 2015
11:41 PM EDT
It's there -- but just as a url, not as an actual link...

http://www.linuxtechi.com/command-line-arguments-in-linux-sh...
bob

Jun 07, 2015
7:46 AM EDT
Fixed.

Thanks for the report.
flufferbeer

Jun 07, 2015
11:02 AM EDT
@Bob,

> Fixed

But TOO MUCH banner-creep surrounding thpage's content! I'd pass on visiting the page...

2c
bob

Jun 07, 2015
11:22 AM EDT
flufferbeer wrote:But TOO MUCH banner-creep surrounding thpage's content!

Hmm, that site paints fairly clean for me. Then again I'm in the habit of leaving Javascript turned off by default. :)

On that topic, I am disappointed to see how many sites are being built to require google api to be enabled. Sorry, google, I'm not biting on that one. If a site demands google api then I forego the site. It's a big Internet and I can certainly find what I'm looking for without feeding my browsing history into the Google server farm.
vainrveenr

Jun 07, 2015
3:25 PM EDT
Quoting:> Fixed

But TOO MUCH banner-creep surrounding thpage's content! I'd pass on visiting the page...

Quoting:On that topic, I am disappointed to see how many sites are being built to require google api to be enabled. Sorry, google, I'm not biting on that one. If a site demands google api then I forego the site. It's a big Internet and I can certainly find what I'm looking for without feeding my browsing history into the Google server farm.

An alternative means of reviewing the identical information that avoids relying upon Google's API is to visit the GNU Bash Reference Manual's 'Positional Parameters' and 'Special Parameters' sections, found at http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/bashref.html#Positional-Parameters.

One could also just simply type man bash at the Linux commandline, and then do a forward '/' search for "Positional Parameters" in order to view the identical information.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!