Ubuntu and Ubuntu MATE Edition

Story: Which Linux distribution do you use?Total Replies: 7
Author Content
thenixedreport

Jan 13, 2016
10:37 AM EDT
I'm on the LTS release at the moment, but will likely install the new release when it comes out in April.
jdixon

Jan 13, 2016
2:10 PM EDT
As I said on the survey: Slackware, of course.
JaseP

Jan 13, 2016
6:31 PM EDT
@thenixedreport:

I assume you are refering to one of the 'buntus,... The April release will be a LTS release: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases
skelband

Jan 13, 2016
7:13 PM EDT
Linux Mint 17.3 for MATE both at home and at work.
flufferbeer

Jan 13, 2016
7:41 PM EDT
@jdixon,

>> As I said on the survey: Slackware, of course.

Seems to me thesurvey comments showed more people than I'd expect ALSO using Slackware. At least Slackware users in general don't seem to part of a FANBOI contingent like many Baboont2 users! Although once all the Baboon2 fanboi's swarm at the survey and comments section, WHO KNOWS how they'll skew the results....

2c
jdixon

Jan 13, 2016
10:11 PM EDT
> At least Slackware users in general don't seem to part of a FANBOI contingent like many Baboont2 users!

I've actually considered posting at least monthly excerpts from the Slackware current changelog here just to keep up with the more commercially oriented distributions, but it would be rather dry reading. :)
caitlynm

Jan 27, 2016
4:31 PM EDT
I have to choose just one? Nah, I won't do that.

Right now my work has me supporting both SLES (SUSE Linux Enterprise Server) and Ubuntu in addition to the usual RHEL. My own servers have CentOS. My desktop I work from has Lubuntu because I wanted to get used to Ubuntu again, but not the Unity desktop which is irrelevant to my me, dual booted with VectorLinux 7.1, just because it's fast on my aging hardware. I also have Vector on my netbook and an aging laptop, and SalixOS on a third, even older machine, since they had a version with a non-PAE kernel. The ancient Libretto has a Transmeta Crusoe processor in it. The thing still works, FWIW.
seatex

Jan 28, 2016
7:38 AM EDT
Linux Mint with Cinnamon here. My clients love it, and I've been replacing Windows 10 with it for several new Linux converts in the past few months.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!