Angband

Story: Ubuntu MATE Linux: It’s Not Rocket ScienceTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
dotmatrix

Jun 16, 2016
7:56 PM EDT
Article wrote:In the early ’90s, Civilization was responsible for more than a few sleepless months, missed classes, and zombified workdays.

Angband is my addiction...

http://rephial.org/

Somehow it's just fun killing Farmer Maggot and his dogs?!? I don't know why.

It usually takes me three months to win with a character... and I only let myself try once every five years.

Ridcully

Jun 17, 2016
2:05 AM EDT
Can't resist this......when I first saw the title of this article, just for a moment I had a real "double take". You see I have been looking at a series of booklets containing the Ken Maynard cartoons about the "Ettamogah Pub". They are very funny and incredibly detailed. Each cartoon is A4 size and takes perhaps 10 minutes to look at everything and even then, you'll miss something. However, he has a habit of adding the word "Mate" to every sentence, such as: "The Ettamoggah Pub beer ticks over your starter motor and tastes good too, mate." So just for a moment, I thought a Ken Maynard devotee had written a Linux article.

They've actually built a copy of the pub:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Maynard_(cartoonist)

And it really, REALLY does have that utility on the roof. I don't know if he never explains how it originally got there, but usually there are a couple of extra signs on the roof saying "Keep Left, mug" with the arrow pointing in the opposite direction. Just a little bit of Aussie nostalgia and humour.

Note......for some reason, the link above won't add the last bracket into the url and that last bracket is essential. Without it, you'll get a query page, but if you click on the question it asks right at the top, you'll get to the right page. If you copy the whole line, "paste and go", you'll get the right page everytime.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!