relevance?

Story: Listen with Your Skull!Total Replies: 3
Author Content
mbaehrlxer

Jun 03, 2017
3:00 AM EDT
i don't see any connection to linux, free software, or anything else that might relate this to lxer other than that it's posted on linux.com. it doesn't solve any problem that a linux user or even any computer user might have. (on the contrary, a computer user wants to keep background noise out, not make it easier to let other sounds come in).

also, it almost reads like a product advertisement.

greetings, eMBee.
bob

Jun 03, 2017
6:46 AM EDT
Good observation eMBee. linux.com has been putting out a series of "ad articles" and we have tried to filter them out. This one unfortunately made it through unnoticed.

The story has been removed from the LXer newswire. Thanks for the report.
mbaehrlxer

Jun 03, 2017
11:35 AM EDT
oh, there is an automated import from some sources?

in that case, would it be possible to have those articles show up as posted by "bot", "lxer", "lxerbot" or some other unique name that is not used by a person here?

it is much easier to say: "i think the bot let one slip through" rather than asking myself how bob would take it that i don't like his choice of articles :-)

greetings, eMBee.
bob

Jun 03, 2017
2:15 PM EDT
Well there is a bot in the background but it's only a helper to make sure we don't miss anything. All stories are individually reviewed by an editor before they hit the LXer newswire. So I can't blame a bot, I have to take the blame myself. :)

By the way, since we are on the subject of posting stories to the LXer newswire, this would be a good time to remind all our readers that you are encouraged to find good and relevant Linux/FOSS articles and to post them. The more our community contributes the better our community becomes.

It's easy to post a story on LXer, either your own original article or a link to an interesting, current, and newsworthy story that you found. Just follow this link and fill in the blanks:

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/stories/add.php

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!