Just one distro seems to be missing . It is Debian Bullseye.

Story: 7 Linux Distros to Look Forward to in 2021Total Replies: 4
Author Content
dba477

Jan 25, 2021
5:50 AM EDT
I believe Debian Bullseye (11) might be added to the list.
jdixon

Jan 25, 2021
10:42 AM EDT
If they added it, that would make exactly one on the list I'd consider using in the coming year. :)

Pop!_OS is probably OK, but if I want an Ubuntu derivative I'll stick to Linux MInt.

The real surprise would be a new Slackware release, but I haven't heard anything indicating it's in the offing.

Actually, I just checked the changelog and the Jan. 18th entry closes with the line:

"Beta approaches. :-)"

So there is hope.
claudecat

Jan 25, 2021
2:57 PM EDT
Slackware's been a hotbed of activity lately, with the addition of Plasma 5, Xfce 4.16, the 5.10.xx kernel series, and massive amounts of other package updates/rebuilds to -current. I'd be shocked if there isn't a 2021 release, albeit probably later in the year.

As for the article, some of the best distros don't even really do releases (Neon, Arch, Gentoo, my big three in terms of everyday usage).
Steven_Rosenber

Jan 27, 2021
12:28 PM EDT
Debian Bullseye is already looking good, though my in-place upgrade failed, which is rare for Debian. After that I did a fresh install.
dba477

Mar 10, 2021
5:44 AM EDT
I forgot fedora 34 (wks/server) . Kernel 5.11.3 at the moment . On my Ryzen (f33) box I have been already prompted to upgrade to 5.11.4. Nothing similar happens on Intel boxes (f33) just 5.10.20 stays as before.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!