This is good news but...

Story: Open-source gets serious: A new window on LinuxTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
professor

Mar 07, 2004
9:53 AM EDT
I still don't see Joe "Bonzi Buddy Is Cool" User running linux.

But I do see it in call centers & being used by people who want control & choice. Mostly, by people who want to learn "How Things Work Inside My PC" (but these people usually run something less "Mandrake")
br3n

Mar 17, 2004
7:01 AM EDT
ok i had bonzi buddy and thought it was cool but i was also ignorant about lots of the tracking and adware and other things connected to it.i now run linux and i consider myself very *joe user centric*. i did not have any idea about isp addies and things like dns and the myriad of other things to know when using linux but i tried mdk 8.2 ,got it online and running and loved it.i am 54 years old and a grandmother ,non technical and very ignorant of code.i can now use commandline to configure the basic things that i need .it was really painfree.because any mistake i made didnt mean i had to reformat or reboot.i could just redo.the hardest thing i have learned was setting font size in 8.2 mdk 9.0 was beautiful to set up and so much easier to handle the fonts.i cant wait to get mdk 10.0. but for anyone hesitant about trying linux i can stand and say look i did it and so can YOU. br3n

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!