They're half way there..

Story: Internet Explorer Is Too Dangerous to Keep UsingTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
Void_Main

Jun 28, 2004
8:29 PM EDT
Ok, eWeek now realizes that not only is IE very much like security swiss cheese but so is IIS. Now if they could bring themselves to admit it and then do something about it:

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.eweek.com
peragrin

Jun 29, 2004
4:15 AM EDT
Not to be counter OSS but another major hole was just patched in Apache as well. Then again I do not believe that there has been an Apache hole that has allowed viruses to spread the way IIS has.
Void_Main

Jun 29, 2004
8:20 AM EDT
Not to be counter OSS but another major hole was just patched in Apache as well. Then again I do not believe that there has been an Apache hole that has allowed viruses to spread the way IIS has.

If you are referring to that one mentioned just within the last day or two then that is the first one I have seen in 2 years, and it was "far" from being a major one in my book considering it would have effected so few installations. For those installations that it would have effected only on BSD would it possibly have allowed execution of code, the rest were nothing more than a denial of service. Of course you would have had to been running specific versions of 1.3.x and using the proxy features of Apache.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!