Ballmer's pants are on fire

Story: Ballmer: Microsoft needs better sales pitchTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
chris

Jul 07, 2004
10:31 AM EDT
"With Windows Server 2003, we can compete for every commercial workload running on Linux or Unix today--even mainframes and high-performance computing--at lower cost, more efficiently and more reliably," he wrote.

This needs no comment.
number6x

Jul 07, 2004
12:00 PM EDT
To understand why Ballmer says this, you have to learn to emulate his thoughts. It is very slimy, but I have trained myself to emulate this way of thinking.

I'll guide you through his reasoning:

• "we can compete for every commercial workload running on... Linux "

Do any Linux distributors earn 83% profit every year? No, so Microsoft wins that competition.

• "we can compete for every commercial workload running on... Unix "

Do any Unix distributors earn 83% profit every year? No, so Microsoft wins that competition.

• "we can compete for every commercial workload running on... mainframes "

Does IBM earn 83% profit every year? No, so Microsoft wins that competition.

You see you thought he meant Microsoft's products were low cost, efficient and reliable for Microsoft's customer's to use. But he meant that Microsoft's profit making machine was low cost, efficient, and reliable when compared to the competitors. They consistently make high profits at their customer's expense.

You and I see customers paying way too much for an unreliable, inefficient, high-cost product. All Ballmer sees is profit as a 'win'.

• Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!