Evolution 3.8 Beta 2 Features Many Improvements
The Evolution developers were happy to announced earlier today, March 3, the immediate availability for download and testing of the second and last Beta release of the upcoming Evolution 3.8 email client.
Evolution 3.8 Beta 2 includes lots of new features, fixes many annoying bugs and updates various important translations.
Highlights of Evolution 3.8 Beta 2:
• EClient instances are now kept in a central cache for more regular event-handling;
• Added status icons in sidebar for contact, calendar, memo and task backends. Similar icons for email accounts will be finished soon;
• The contact photo in email feature has been rewritten, in order to avoid deadlocks;
• Subject is used as fallback filename for message attachments on EAttachment;
• Local images are now displayed in Signature preview;
• Quick timeout is no longer used for the autocompletion function when the user types text;
• Repaired the "Country:" textbox label in the Work section on the “Mailing Address" tab of the contact editor;
• Removed the --async option from evolution-addressbook-export;
• Removed the old "mime-types" mail setting;
• Implemented a mnemonic widget fot the 'Time zone' field in the event editor;
• Fixed extra ref in e_action_combo_box_set_action();
• Fixed HTML signatures that use <...>;
• Fixed a crash when a contact list is added as attendee;
• Fixed infinite recursion issue with malformed content-type headers;
• Accepted invitations are now properly removed from Inbox;
• Fixed CALDAV navigation through Tasklist or Calendars;
• Corrected the name of the ‘Email' section toggle button in the contact editor.
This topic does not have any threads posted yet!
You cannot post until you login.