GeoBases V5 release: data services and visualization
Version 5 is out and adds many new cool features to the project :)
We just released the new version 5 of GeoBases (RC).
For those who do not know GeoBases, this project provides tools to play with geographical data. It also works with non-geographical data, except for map visualizations :).
There are embedded data sources in the project, but you can easily play with your own data in addition to the available ones. After data loading, you can:
- perform various types of queries (find this key, or find keys with this property)
- make fuzzy searches based on string distance (find things roughly named like this)
- make phonetic searches (find things sounding like this)
- make geographical searches (find things next to this place)
- get results on a map, or on a graph, or export it as csv data, or as a Python object
A few highlights of this new version (more details on https://github.com/opentraveldata/geobases/wiki/News):
- join clauses (tutorial https://github.com/opentraveldata/geobases/wiki/Join-clauses-tutorial)
- admin mode (tutorial https://github.com/opentraveldata/geobases/wiki/Admin-mode-tutorial)
- learning mode
- phonetic search
- graph display
- better zsh autocomplete
We tried to improve the documentation with:
- a wiki containing quickstart and tutorials
- a Twitter account to answer questions
- the API documentation on readthedocs
Get the code from Github https://github.com/opentraveldata/geobases
Wiki : https://github.com/opentraveldata/geobases/wiki/_pages
API doc : https://geobases.readthedocs.org
Twitter : https://twitter.com/GeoBasesDev/
Site : http://opentraveldata.github.com/geobases/
If you like it, share it!
This topic does not have any threads posted yet!
You cannot post until you login.