OpenPrinting/LinuxFoundation: "Hiring To Implement PDF Printing Workflow for FOSS"
One of the decisions which was made on the OSDL Printing Summit in Atlanta last year and widely accepted by all participants was to switch the standard print job transfer format from PostScript to PDF. This format has many important advantages, especially
* PDF is the common platform-independent web format for printable documents
* Portable * Easy post-processing (N-up, booklets, scaling, ...)
* Easy Color management support
* Easy High color depth support (> 8bit/channel)
* Easy Transparency support
* Smaller files * Linux workflow gets closer to Mac OS X
This topic does not have any threads posted yet!
You cannot post until you login.