Author Content
helios

Oct 02, 2008
10:54 PM EDT
OH cr@p!

Now I figure it out.....

My wife was running on Windows!

No wonder we're divorced.

Sheesh......I just needed to hook up with one running the Linux Kernel?

Now you tell me... Boy do I feel dumb... And I don't have to pay attention to her...? I mean, I'm not gonna stick her in the closet or anything...

h
ColonelPanik

Oct 03, 2008
1:28 PM EDT
TC, Another winner!

helios, Yeah, those mixed marriages never work out!
Sander_Marechal

Oct 03, 2008
4:37 PM EDT
I'm so lucky my girlfriend is a Linux geek :-)
azerthoth

Oct 03, 2008
4:42 PM EDT
Lies, your a linux geek. You have no girlfriend.
techiem2

Oct 03, 2008
4:44 PM EDT
What's a girl?
jdixon

Oct 03, 2008
4:59 PM EDT
> Yeah, those mixed marriages never work out!

Fortunately, my wife dual boots. :)
azerthoth

Oct 03, 2008
5:05 PM EDT
mmrmph

sometimes I hate having a dirty mind
tracyanne

Oct 03, 2008
5:40 PM EDT
Ken, just because you are divorced, is no reason not to return my calls.
lcafiero

Oct 04, 2008
12:11 PM EDT
So if I run another operating system, I might be thinner? Think I'll just get a subscription to a gym instead.

Also, TC, if you took a 300-mile walk to help that original customer, that'd burn off calories. Lots.

Great column.
helios

Oct 04, 2008
12:25 PM EDT
Hey TA!

I'm not returning anyone's calls...If I can get it to work, I will try to download the cryptic noise that is doubling for messages left on my service. I've probably won the lottery and didn't return their call.

*I have been back and forth to Galveston the past two weeks as my local cohorts can attest...My Lord in Heaven folks...we read about the "devestation" and the misery that storms like this leave behind but even a grizzled veteran of two wars was brought to throat-choking tears over what I saw. Debris bulldozed two stories high along the main street for hundreds of feet. The only break in that line of broken dreams is the ones that allow the traffic to turn onto the intersecting streets. The city smells like death. Not the seaside-fish-stink of the common seaside town...

There are things in that rubble that once breathed and have for too long assumed ambient temperature without proper attention.

I am sorry to post this here, it is so way off topic...I just had to emote. Tracy Anne, there are lots of people angry with me right now for not returning calls...the ones I knew to return I just couldn't...I'm not in a good place right now and I just need some time to elapse between that experience and now...I just hope now comes sooner than later. I've already turned down two other assignments to that place.

I am emailing you a phone number that should get through to me. If you can't get me via that, text me via that number and I will get to a place where I can take the call. I have no international calling ability on my plans and my internet connection is still wonky...two minutes on, one off...

Installing a directional antenna and another card without MIMO technology...that may be the culprit here.

h

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!