I just don't understand people

Story: Growing Linux in the greenhouseTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
mojavelinux

Aug 30, 2004
10:43 AM EDT
I don't understand why people feel they need to stay with Windows for anything? No one seems to learn their lesson, trusting Windows until it burns them, and then only distrusting the part that didn't work. Let Windows screw you once, shame on Windows. Let it screw you twice, you are just stubborn.
phsolide

Aug 31, 2004
4:51 AM EDT
I've been around for a while, and I've seen this sort of behavior in the past. Specifically, VMS. In the mid-to-late 80s, engineering types had this weird "thing" for VMS. Even when PCs could do the low-end stuff, and Sun/Apollo/HP/Ardent/Stellar/SGI/Mips did way, way better on the high-end stuff, enginnering types would always specify a VAX, running VMS. No good reason that I could tell - VMS never really had a plethora of software.

Windows has inherited the Mantle of Illogical Retention from VAX/VMS. No matter how bad it is, no matter what shenanigans MSFT engages in, no matter how many worms and viruses infect it, no matter how many "bulleted lists" Word screws up, everyone just shrugs their shoulders and keeps using it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!