Terms of Service and Code of Conduct1. LXer exists to provide timely and interesting news to the Linux/Free Software/Open Source community, and to provide an open and safe forum for the discussion of news topics. Our goal is to provide an educational and enjoyable experience for all our members, so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the expectations and policies of LXer. By participating in the services provided by LXer, you are agreeing to comply with our rules and regulations.
This service is provided "as is" and "as available"; without warranties of any kind (either express of implied), including but not limited to warranties of accuracy of information, fitness for a particular purpose, and availability of this service.
2. By providing content to our site, you have granted Web Market. (the parent company of LXer) unrestricted use of that material, including your username. Your E-mail address, full name, and other personal information will never be revealed to other entities by LXer. We reserve the right to modify, reproduce and distribute materials posted to our services, both internally and for commercial use.
3. Under United States Federal Law, children under the age of 13 may not contribute any content, including stories or discussion forum posts.
4. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Web Market, its affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees and representatives from any penalties, claims or liabilities, including attorneys' fees, arising from your use of this service. This expressly includes your responsibility for any and all liability arising from the violation or infringement of proprietary rights or copyrights and any libelous or unlawful material contained within your areas of content. Contents on this site are copyright by Web Market. Unauthorized distribution or reproduction is forbidden. Information on this site is provided for your own personal use and, unless otherwise specified, may be copied, printed or saved for private, non-commercial use.
5. Information contributed to our newswire and forums represents the views of the person posting the content and is not necessarily endorsed by Web Market.
6. Do not place any material on our service that could be considered offensive, indecent, abusive, hateful, harassing, libelous, profane, vulgar or unlawful. Our audience tends to be professional in nature, and we have the right, but not the obligation, to remove, edit, or relocate any content that we feel violates the standards of our site. Because of the real-time nature of our forums, it is not always possible for us to remove offensive material immediately.
Discussion and debate of a political or religious nature is not allowed on the site.
7. Information that you place on our service must be your own original content. You are responsible for assuring that any material (text and images) you provide does not violate, plagiarize or infringe upon the right of any third party, including copyright, trademark or proprietary rights. If non-original content is included in your posting, you must obtain permission from the content owner and provide due credit.
8. Members are restricted from utilizing theservices to create business opportunities, or to promote fund raising activities, without express prior written permission from an officer of . This includes, but is not limited to, advertising products or services in any communication medium, including, but not limited to, the discussion forums and the member E-mail system.
9. It is the member'sto of to prevent unauthorized use of their account or the services.
10.. may terminate member accounts and delete any and all account information at any time, without notice, for conduct that violates these guidelines or for any conduct that believes is harmful to the business of , or to any of its users or partners.
11.provides space and bandwidth for hosting the site but makes no implied or express warranties about the reliability of this space or related services. is not responsible for any deletion, alteration, or loss of data due to network or system outages, file corruption, accidental deletion, or any other reasons. makes no guarantees about server reliability, speed, or consistency, and cannot be held liable for such.
- Users are responsible for regularly monitoring and creating backups of their own files, and agree to use the
13.reserves the right to amend or change these guidelines at any time without notice.
14. This Terms of Service and Code of Conduct and any disputes arising out of or in relation toshall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas.