How does the Bar char work now

Story: LXer update: The voting system has been redoneTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
bstadil

Oct 21, 2004
3:07 PM EDT
I voted on a few stories below to see what happened to the little bar chart. It looks like it only considers Content, is this correct and if yes I think that is probably OK. My voting windows is too small when it opens. Anyone else has this issue?

Otherwise good move
chris

Oct 21, 2004
4:56 PM EDT
My voting windows is too small when it opens. Anyone else has this issue?

Yes, same problem here. It isn't tall enough to even show the submit button without resizing, and it could also be widened a bit too.
dave

Oct 22, 2004
3:29 AM EDT
Quoting:It looks like it only considers Content, is this correct and if yes I think that is probably OK.

That was correct last night, but it was a bug. It should have been considering all three questions, and as of this morning it does.

As to the window size: I always vote in a new tab, which gives me a full size window. Would you prefer that I just make it full size? I'm also considering removing the target attribute so as to make the voting occur in the same window in which you clicked. Thoughts against that?

dave
peragrin

Oct 22, 2004
4:33 AM EDT
The screen din't size right on small resolutions. 800x600, 1024x768 etc.

The probelm with opening a new tab automatically, is not everyone has tabs.

A full screen window

or

is there a way to make the content smaller? There is a ton of wasted space on my vote screens even at 800x600
bstadil

Oct 22, 2004
8:12 AM EDT
I love Tabs but for the voting I think I prefer a new window. The reason is that voting is something you do and then its over. A window preferably sized correctly lend itself better to this mindset.

A tab is something you keep open for a while, maybe to read later or use as an info backgrounder while reading another item. At least this is how I use them
dave

Oct 22, 2004
8:14 AM EDT
I've set it up so that the new window will be the same size as the parent window from which it was opened. That should help.

dave

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!