mi2g is the group that says Linux is the most insecure OS.

Story: Growth of radicalism within Open Source - SCO under attack againTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
number6x

Nov 24, 2004
10:25 AM EDT
This article is complete FUD.

mi2g is the group that said Linux is the most insecure OS. If Linux is the only security threat, why are other OS's having problems like DDOS attacks?

This kind of self serving FUD should be made to backfire. As a member of the open source community I hope SCO asks for the FBI to investigate these alleged attacks.

I have the feeling they will not actually involve the authorities. I doubt that SCO wants the true source of the "attacks" known. SCO should know by now that the truth has a way of hurting them.

peragrin

Nov 24, 2004
11:22 AM EDT
I have two questions about the DDOS attacks.

Are they happening 9am -5pm MST(utah time zone) again.

And DDOS attacks come from Infected Windows machines. Why isn't MSFT uilty of commiting crimes againist hummanity with software built like swiss cheese.

Active X was a KNOWN security risk in 1999. Why is it still active? Patched thousands of times, but the whole concept had to many wholes in it.
AnonymousCoward

Nov 24, 2004
2:35 PM EDT
The phrase "Lame Duck" was invented to describe situations like this. (-:
Thoreau

Nov 25, 2004
4:17 AM EDT
With all that tech, you would think they could get a OS fingerprint. Guess not. My P133 can grab their ass with nmap-nessus/p0f-queso. It smells as if they are completely full of shit.

I think their relevence has long since passed the pissed off stage. Just no impetus to Ddos'em. They are just a joke now. The next move is Microsoft. That won't be a joke. Ballmer has already started in on the predictable path.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!