Maybe Stevie was only dancing? How could you tell? (-:
dinotrac

Sep 03, 2005
4:18 AM EDT
It's all in the way he smiles when he says "Kill Google."
tadelste

Sep 03, 2005
11:13 AM EDT
It's one person's word against the other. However, a pattern of behavior appears to exist and people could take that into account.

The issue isn't if Steve Ballmer did or said anything. The US Justice Department, FCC, Federal Trade Commission, Congress and the White House need to investigate Microsoft for all sorts of things.

Their reaction to Massachusetts is enough to ask - who do these guys think they are warning a soverign state in the US not to use open standard file formats?

Where are the activist judges when we need them?

Hello????????

TxtEdMacs

Sep 03, 2005
12:55 PM EDT
tadelste
Quoting:Where are the activist judges when we need them?

You will find them sitting on their duffs along side the purported liberal media.
dinotrac

Sep 03, 2005
4:21 PM EDT
Quoting:purported
liberal media.

Breathing purported air, I would imagine.
PaulFerris

Sep 03, 2005
4:35 PM EDT
dino: now, now. You know Fox is very, very liberal in it's supposed "fair and balanced" view of the world.

:)
dinotrac

Sep 03, 2005
6:01 PM EDT
Paulie:

Nobody purports Fox to be the liberal media. For that matter, the only time liberals ever believe in the devil is when you mention Fox.

;0)
tuxchick

Sep 03, 2005
6:28 PM EDT
Come on guys, in the immortal words of Floyd Evenwrite, all anyone really wants is their "fair advantage." Which gates n ballmer take to criminal extremes, but hey, at least they're not robbing convenience stores.
dinotrac

Sep 04, 2005
12:03 AM EDT
Quoting: but hey, at least they're not robbing convenience stores.

Except when the owners buy software...
richo123

Sep 04, 2005
5:28 AM EDT
Ballmer seems to suffer from a case of arrested development (no pun intended). What is important to him is only whether he won or lost against the other guy. Reminds me of an (immature) 13 year old.
PaulFerris

Sep 05, 2005
8:18 AM EDT
dinotrac: As one of the few people that read and fully understood Bernie Goldbergs' "Bias", I can feel I can say this: He was right.

At the time.

Now all one has to do is say something negative about the Bush administration and suddenly you're a terrorist and part of the "Liberal Media". What happened to being a moderate? God only knows, as those people (I'm one, btw) now are labeled "liberals" like some sort of hate message, every time you mention something stupid going on in the current administration.

Speaking of which. Some of the crap I've seen of Fox "news" networks makes left-leaning liberals look dead center. Bernie Goldberg needs a follow-up, possibly.

I better be careful, someone is probably getting ready to paint a swastica on my house now...

Disclaimer: I get my news from Google news and by browsing several news sites on the web, none of which is the java-script-laden nightmare of Fox. I watch little to no TV, and think Bush senior *and* Bill Clinton were both pretty good presidents.

--FeriCyde
dinotrac

Sep 05, 2005
10:11 AM EDT
Paulie, Paulie, Paulie --

Here's a little secret:

I don't watch Fox News. I do, however, regularly visit the online edition of the New York Times and the english language version of Al-Jazeera.

I'm far less concerned about media bias than I used to be, and not because I think it's gone away. RatherGate made that pretty clear.

Now, however, thanks to the Internet and other media outlets, we no longer have a 3 commercial + PBS and your local newspaper monopoly on the news. Bias is tolerable if you know it's there and you have reasonable ways to check the facts.

Great example of that happened recently with that nitwit Texas propagandist (I get to call them as I see them and you get to disagree with me completely), Molly Ivins. She had written in one of her columns that we've killed more Iraqi civilians that Saddam Hussein ever did. In her next column, she corrected herself. Leftoids everywhere fell over themselves patting her on the back for providing such proof of her journalistic integrity. But it wasn't integrity at all. She quickly realized that the age of the blog would never let her get away with that, especially since the contradicting sources are things like Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, organizations a good little liberal journalist like Molly would couldn't easily pretend never to have heard about.

So...The info is out there. People go get. Even perpetrators are aware of it and feel less free to lie with impunity.

As to Bill Clinton being a pretty good president...I have trouble going beyond saying he was a president who did some pretty good things.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!