Almost had me convinced

Story: Linux Professional Institute Certification Training Videos Now Available From CBT NuggetTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
SamShazaam

Sep 14, 2005
3:43 AM EDT
A check of the web site shows system requirements of MS only. I would love to train for LPIC2 but not if I have to use Windows. It seems wrong to require Windows in training for a Linux certification.
TxtEdMacs

Sep 14, 2005
4:44 AM EDT
Make sense to me, that way the certifying entity can claim those being certified reach the same, high standards imposed upon Windows Certified Software Engineers. Go ahead find a hole in that logic!
hkwint

Sep 14, 2005
5:16 AM EDT
There are cheaper ways to pass LPIC level 1. Personally, I bought a 4 year old O' Reilly book for some 40 euros and passsed. It's sad however, there aren't books aimed at LPIC level 2 as far as I know, but at lynuxtraining.com it seems you also can follow an e-learning course. Anyone here has experience with LPIC level 2? (I am thinking about preparing for it, but I'm just a linux 'hobbyist', only use Linux on my PC; never worked with servers or networks, so it's not going to be easy)
tadelste

Sep 14, 2005
12:01 PM EDT
O'Reilly will have a new and very updated LPI book (big damn book) out in March. It's the offical curriculum.

Just checked with the editor.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!