They grok taxation

Story: Vista licensing move pushes NSW governmental shift to LinuxTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
mvermeer

Oct 11, 2005
9:24 AM EDT
;-)
Abe

Oct 11, 2005
12:46 PM EDT
I don't see these funny/weird faces in my browser (FF 1.07) Any one knows why? Serious, I don't pay attention to those IM faces, but it looks I should.
rht

Oct 11, 2005
1:21 PM EDT
The NSW Treasury (of which the Office of State Revenue is a branch) has almost dictatorial powers over NSW Govt Departments and Agencies.

If NSW Treasury issues one of it's infamous "Notes" stating, or implying, that Depts and Agencies should review FLOSS from a costing perspective then the departmental bean counters will treat the suggestion as a Sermon From the Mount.

Perhaps we may see FLOSS on the desktop emanating in NSW from the Accts Branch rather than from IT or Subject Matter.

As an aside to anyone who is working now, or who has ever worked, in a govt agency or a large enterprise anywhere in the world: Have you ever witnessed the aftermath when the departmental bean counters have suggested that it would be cheaper (for the following 13 reasons ...) to purchase 15 bicycles than the 10 automobiles that the branch manager has included in next year's budget estimates?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!