This is lousy, uniformed journalism

Story: Massachusetts seeks freedom from Office suiteTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
tadelste

Nov 05, 2005
6:14 PM EDT
I can understand this person has a beat, but read the competition before you just through words on a piece of paper. Do you think your readers haven't heard about this? Then make an intelligent argument.

No proposal in Texas or Oregon was like the Massachusetts issue over ODF. In fact, it didn't exist in 2002-2003. We were going after a best value proposal and wanted open-source included in RFPs and considered a bid if an agency wanted to consider Linux, etc. Nothing about file formats.

Oregon's bill got man handled by a lobbyist who had a private conversation off the floor of the house with the Speaker of the House. She wouldn't let that bill come up for another reading; not killed in committee but killed by a loone.

Texas got in the middle of a walk out by the democrats and we couldn't get a third reading because we didn't have a quorum. But the CIO made the changes we wanted anyway. When we had an opportunity to introduce the bill again, we decided it wasn't necessary.

Massachusetts was set to dismantled Microsoft's Office bundle and that would have been the equivalent of breaking up the company -- the Justice proposal under Clinton.

Get the facts: Microsoft suxx.
jimf

Nov 05, 2005
8:30 PM EDT
Yes it is, but, just inspired me to write my State Senator about the Wisconsin interest factor. I'll see if I get any notice :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!