Simple answer

Story: ClamAV - The Free antiVirus solution for windows on LinuxTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
purplewizard

Nov 09, 2005
6:19 AM EDT
If my Gnu/Linux system doesn't have the tools to open it I don't open it. If I want to open it I reply to the sender and ask for it in a format that I have.

So in short I don't need to forward things to a Windows machine. Hence I don't have that problem. Sending it to someone else is a different problem, which I really don't think is mine.
tuxchick

Nov 09, 2005
6:48 AM EDT
If you're running a Linux mailserver (Postfix, Exim, Sendmail, etc.) that serves Windows clients you definitely need to run an a/v program on the server.

Microsoft has been busy buying up a/v companies like RAV AntiVirus, sybari, and others. RAV was a popular Linux app, and Microsoft killed it dead. Another lesson in why the GPL matters.
jimf

Nov 09, 2005
6:59 AM EDT
It's also been mentioned that, much as we may hate MS, the Ms users are not the point of our hatred (well maybe just a little). It does not make us good neighbors to pass along the joy.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!