Massachusetts' Position Hasn't Changed

Story: Massachusetts re-opens the door to MicrosoftTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
dcparris

Nov 30, 2005
7:56 PM EDT
Massachusetts has said all along that Microsoft needs to either open its format or support ODF. Since Microsoft is changing - regardless of whether it's really open - Massachusetts can only offer to consider their formats. BTW, I am not being supportive of Microsoft, just pointing out that Massachusetts has not changed at all - Microsoft has. Whether Microsoft's formats will pass Ecma's muster or not remains to be seen.
helios

Dec 01, 2005
3:03 AM EDT
You're right Don. My cynical cide (sorry Paulie) tells me that they are just doing this to make the puppy stop whining. But, as with all things, we'll see. The corrupt influence MS wields never ceases to amaze me. MS was forced into what they did...whether it is "open" or not is a matter of semantics.
SamShazaam

Dec 01, 2005
4:40 AM EDT
I have to agree with helios. It will take at least a year to get this standard approved. They (MS) can then object to the process and take it all back. Or they can change their format and take it all back. Either way, in the passage of time, almost no one will remember this, except Peter Quinn. Nothing will change. I have watched MS for too long not to be cynical.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!