Can you get this guy as the Keynote for LinuxAsia?

Story: Linux urged to be more user-friendlyTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
tadelste

Feb 12, 2006
2:49 PM EDT
Sorry for the vitriolic article refuting the claim about India. I should have waited to read the story of the keynote speaker rather than walking on those skinny branches. He sort of did everyone in at LinuxAsia. I particularly like this part from the keynote speaker:

Citing an example, he said that the Government of West Bengal had recently decided to adopt Linux but majority of the people preferred to use the Windows operating system.

“This is an example that Linux is less user-friendlier compared to the popularly used Windows,” he said.

Do you think we can book him for LinuxWorld in April?

Abe

Feb 12, 2006
3:00 PM EDT
Tom, I guess some of the true colours are showing.
Quoting:Do you think we can book him for LinuxWorld in April?
You can book him, but can you guarantee his safety?
tadelste

Feb 12, 2006
3:04 PM EDT
I can't.
Herschel_Cohen

Feb 12, 2006
4:11 PM EDT
If his speech is scheduled for the 1st, why not?
tadelste

Feb 12, 2006
5:02 PM EDT
I can't be responsible for any one who would accept a keynote address and not know his subject. That's a little odd. It doesn't appear he prepared at all. That's behavior run amok.
Herschel_Cohen

Feb 12, 2006
5:24 PM EDT
I beg to differ, Tom. This guy is a perfect fit for a stellar key note speech delivered on the 1st of April in Asia and syndicated in real time over slashdot for a multicast heard around the word. Where necessary, and if and only if absolutely required there will be a brief explanation of the WWS* of the date April 1st holds.

Do we now all agree?

WWS* == World Wide Signicance(TM)
tadelste

Feb 12, 2006
6:22 PM EDT
Yes.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!