Hooray BSA!

Story: BSA Offering Rewards of $50,000 for the First Time in the USATotal Replies: 2
Author Content
number6x

Feb 13, 2006
4:14 AM EDT
I'd like to officially nominate the BSA for the 'Open Source Promoters of the Year' award. If there is no such award, we should make one up on the spot!

Make sure any management types you come in contact with see this article. Also, please let them know that every open source piece of software like Apache, or Linux, or Perl, or BSD is licensed for their use, and they are allowed to even make copies!

Help the BSA end software piracy, switch to Free and Open Source Software today.

Thank you, thank you BSD! You really do like us!
Herschel_Cohen

Feb 13, 2006
8:40 AM EDT
Quoting:I'd like to officially nominate the BSA for the 'Open Source Promoters of the Year' award ...
I would like to second your nomination, however, inherent skepticism hinders my being so optimistic that the herd when pushed behaves rationally. In particular corporate management types. Too often ignorant, stupid statements spouted with confidence and at high volume makes the better impression with many of these individuals (sheep).

When fear is in charge and ignorance rules the only option many (if not most) will see is to obey: "Pay UP Line Here".
number6x

Feb 13, 2006
9:06 AM EDT
All I can say is that if a software audit comes my way, I know I have licenses for my software.

Stress this point with the management.

Yes, we are licensed to use it. Here is the license. Yes, we are licensed to copy it. Here is the license. Yes, we are licensed to alter it. Here is the license. Yes, we are licensed to distribute it. Here is the license.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!