12:05 PM EDT
http://lxer.com/pics/dave-176_1088087192_412.png
peragrin

Feb 15, 2006
12:11 PM EDT
Either Tadelste's choice above

or

Number Three

As another thread said some of those look like a swastika. It might be a color/shape thing. I like three as I like the look of the L. Of Course when ever I have a choice I also switch to th New Times Roman font. But that's just me.
bstadil

Feb 15, 2006
12:17 PM EDT
:-)

That being said I think I agree
bdumm

Feb 15, 2006
12:22 PM EDT
yea i agree drop the front x thing, and do more with the lxer letters. Has anyone tried to make them into ballonish, cartoonish, etc. ie exaggerated type? More round than so straight edge/defined?

You could also do some simple script/gd/etc type letter manipulations and give us multiple LX colors/styles or something. :)

SFN

Feb 15, 2006
12:42 PM EDT
If we're going to worry about what people might think the logo looks like, I'd like to point out that "lxer" should actually be pronounced "licks her".
dave

Feb 15, 2006
1:03 PM EDT
SFN, nice.

I pronounce it "El Ecks Er"

dave
ralph

Feb 15, 2006
3:26 PM EDT
I like Tom's suggestion much better than any of the 12 choices.
jimf

Feb 15, 2006
4:00 PM EDT
Tom's choice is the best. It really looks the most professional, and, you were gonna change it why?... I can't believe that won't silk screen.
bdumm

Feb 15, 2006
7:30 PM EDT
dave: I'll X Her!!!!! :)
wjl

Feb 15, 2006
9:47 PM EDT
Tom's choice, or the current one, which is just fine.

I agree on the swastika comments here, which came to my mind as well. So better drop that strange 'X'.

Why would you change the logo anyway? The Gimp design here isn't that bad IMHO. Plus it was made with free software ;-)

cheers, wjl aka Wolfgang Lonien
SFN

Feb 16, 2006
4:28 AM EDT
Quoting:I pronounce it "El Ecks Er"

Actually, so do I. That's the point, really.

Although someone could say that the symbol looks like a swastika, someone could also say that the name of the site makes it sound like a site that promotes oral sex.

I think the real lesson here is never ask other people's opinions about something you want to do.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!