Good Intro

Story: How to write an articleTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
ci27CTr9

Feb 18, 2006
8:02 PM EDT
Good article with an overview of how to contribute to the web. Couple of minor syntax issues: "Your have competition for" and "one of DeLay's trips trips" but all around good information.

One item I'm a little unclear on is what is a "conclusion odd” Did a little dogpiling and couldn't come up with anything that appeared to relate. As I don't have a background in journalism not sure what I might be missing...although I am a little slow sometimes, you know Texans :)
tadelste

Feb 18, 2006
9:31 PM EDT
Good work. You should do line edtiting. I compose in the Lxer submission form and use the Google tool bar spell checker. I hope they'll add grammar checking soon. Anyway, I corrected both errors with your help.

The sentence where I used odd was oddly worded. Being from Texas, I've never broken the habit of dropping the start of a phrase. It should read "as odd".

Thanks for the kind words too. I live in Dallas and was born here. Went to UT Austin as an undergraduate and lived there for 10 years. Also lived in Tyler for a year. I don't think we're slow. I think other folks are too fast.
ci27CTr9

Feb 20, 2006
12:17 PM EDT
> Good work. You should do line edtiting. I compose in the Lxer submission form and use the Google tool > bar spell checker. I hope they'll add grammar checking soon. Anyway, I corrected both errors with your > help. It is always easier to catch other people's mistakes than your own :)

> The sentence where I used odd was oddly worded. Being from Texas, I've never broken the habit of > dropping the start of a phrase. It should read "as odd". Ok, I was worried that I had completely lost my mind. I've only got 2 cells left and one is waving bye to the other.

> Thanks for the kind words too. I live in Dallas and was born here. Went to UT Austin as an > undergraduate and lived there for 10 years. Also lived in Tyler for a year. I don't think we're slow. I > think other folks are too fast. Agreed. Was on a 3 month contract up in Plano a couple of years ago, nice area. You and I haven't always agreed (which is good, I'd hate if we were the same...one of us wouldn't be needed) but I appreciate the work you do....don't let us critics get you down!
tadelste

Feb 20, 2006
12:27 PM EDT
Quoting:don't let us critics get you down!
That's an extremely difficult request. I take everything personally. But the doctors have me stabilized now on IVs of various kinds. They let me out in the mornings to work on Lxer. But a very large Russian lady looks over my shoulder at everything I write. (What you don't want me to tell them about you Natasha?)

btw.... in comment sections you can use [ quote ] [ /quote ] to have a quote show up. But close the spaces.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!