Fly in the ointment?

Story: Dvorak: Will Apple Adopt Windows?Total Replies: 7
Author Content
SFN

Feb 27, 2006
12:46 PM EDT
Try turd in the salad.

Quoting:Luckily, Apple has a master showman, Steve Jobs. He'll announce that now everything can run on a Mac. He'll say that the switch to Windows gives Apple the best of both worlds. He'll say this is not your daddy's Windows.

He'll cajole and cajole, and still hear a few boos. But those will be the last boos he'll hear, for then the Mac will be mainstream. We will welcome the once-isolated Apple mavens, finally.

OK, fine. Let's suppose that Apple wants to dump an OS that works well (and has worked well throughout their history) only to replace it with one that doesn't (and hasn't throughout their history) in order to reduce their headaches and raise their profits.

Who honestly believes that Mac users will accept Windows as their OS just because they now get to be mainstream? I mean, sure, there's the notion that the average Mac user isn't any more adept at using computers than the average Windows user but they've had a very happy and satisfying ride and to think that they'd happily trade that in for the headache farm that is Windows is just plain hilarious.

Even if they do, that's still hilarious!
tadelste

Feb 27, 2006
12:53 PM EDT
ROFL. ROFL. ROFL.

I take it, (as I try to type while laughing hysterically) that you dont care much for Dvorak.

I referred to him in an article I wrote this morning. So, I went out on the web to find something recent that he wrote. By gosh, he's consistent. He wouldn't know a fact if it bit him in the butt.

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/lf/view/55008/

Any time I read his stuff, I just laugh. He's such a comedian.
richo123

Feb 27, 2006
2:21 PM EDT
Faux News?
jimf

Feb 27, 2006
2:57 PM EDT
You guys are clueless. Dvorak correctly recognizes that the future of journalism is entertainment. Comedy has a future, unlike just reporting facts.
tadelste

Feb 27, 2006
3:39 PM EDT
News flash: Dvorak has a glass stomach implant.

Having vision troubles, the honorable John Dvorak recently got his release from the Mayo clinic where doctors said his glass stomach implant was going better than ever.

"He has to use a lot of Kleenex, but his vision has improved considerably," says Doctor Silverhorn, who performed the post op care. "He's always complained about neck pain, but at least he can see now."

Dvorak is said to be resting quietly in his home across the street from the Microsoft campus in Redmond, Washington. One of his associates reported that Dvorak apparently was having difficulty with his memory. "He can't recognize Bill or Steve with his new stomach implant."
SFN

Feb 28, 2006
4:22 AM EDT
Honestly, I have no personal opinion about Dvorak. I know very little about him. This was based strictly on the opinions he expressed in that article.
SFN

Feb 28, 2006
5:23 AM EDT
Did I totally misread this? Was this article merely meant to be humorous? If so, it's good satire minus one key element. The smirk. There needs to be something that lets the audience in on the joke.
tadelste

Feb 28, 2006
5:51 AM EDT
No you didn't miss the smirk. That smirk is embedded. You might find humor in the fact that he appears to take himself seriously.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!