Late April fools?

Story: NVIDIA ships wine libraries to support native DirectX!Total Replies: 5
Author Content
crusadingknight

Apr 02, 2006
6:57 AM EDT
I really hate to be the first to mention it, by why are the April Fool's posts showing up on LXer on April 2nd? I think this ship has already sailed.
Herschel_Cohen

Apr 02, 2006
8:36 AM EDT
Some just got inadvertently pushed back in the release schedule, with others still coming. Too good not to post based upon a single day on the calender. Also certain readers on sites that will go unnamed have trouble recognizing the humor without a label even when it's that date. So let's relax a bit and let us enjoy ourselves just a bit more. It's a weekend.
tadelste

Apr 02, 2006
10:03 AM EDT
I think it may have been April 1st somewhere in the world when we published it. Remember, we had to adjust for daylight savings in the interim.

Also, the Russian flight to the space station may have affected our thinking.
incinerator

Apr 02, 2006
12:07 PM EDT
Oh, now I get it, lxer is a satirical news site, yay!

Am I allowed to make jokes like this all over the year and not only on the 2nd of april?
Herschel_Cohen

Apr 02, 2006
12:44 PM EDT
incinerator
Quoting:Am I allowed to make jokes like this all over the year and not only on the 2nd of april?
Certainly!

Just don't get over heated doing it, is sooooooo uncool.
cjcox

Apr 03, 2006
9:29 AM EDT
I think the LXeditors should have said "we fell for it.. hook, line and sinker". After all, it's not that funny unless somebody falls for it!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!