Unmoderated? That's an outright lie.

Story: Bill Hilf blog attracts anti-Microsoft postersTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
dtfinch

Apr 11, 2006
10:58 AM EDT
Quote: "Hilf says the unmoderated blog called Port 25 at http://port25.technet.com/archive/2006/03/28/8.aspx is intended to promote open communications between his interoperability team and the Open Source community."

That's total BS. I made one post several days ago. It was deleted within an hour, presumably because while the first half was on topic, I finished the post with a brief explanation of why I switched to Linux at home, though I still use Windows at work. I tried to keep it fairly polite. The thread I posted to was about the posix subsystem improvements in Vista. They had a nice video.

If there are a lot of anti-Microsoft posts, it's because Microsoft hasn't been able to moderate them fast enough.
dcparris

Apr 11, 2006
12:44 PM EDT
There were a lot of anti-Microsoft posts. A whole lot. I only managed to scroll through the first 50 or so.
dtfinch

Apr 11, 2006
1:18 PM EDT
Maybe I beat the crowd, and they stopped moderating soon after.
grouch

Apr 11, 2006
4:52 PM EDT
How can you tell when Microsoft is lying?

If they still exist, they're lying.

dcparris

Apr 11, 2006
7:11 PM EDT
Thanks guys. You've inspired me.
Scott_Ruecker

Apr 11, 2006
9:33 PM EDT
dtfinch: You did exactly what they did not want you to do. You stated your case on why Linux IS better. In the article they quote a system admin who says..

"I have Windows desktops and they run well enough (WSUS is a godsend), but here's the rub. I have two Windows servers on the network and they constantly need rebooting. My Linux boxes run under heavy load for months and years at a time, my Windows servers last a week before needing a "pre-emptive reboot". Maybe it's MS's fault, maybe it's the software I'm running on top of it, maybe its both, all I know is that my servers have to just work 24x7 and I don't get that with Microsoft products."

"..I don't get that with Microsoft products." and he never will.

That says it all.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!